Territory: Greater Los Angeles (Los Angeles, Ventura, Santa Barbara, San Luis Obispo, and Kern Counties)
Under the direction of the Sales Manager, the Territory Manager is responsible for, but not limited to, effectively managing sales and spend/promotional budgets through pet retail accounts, achievement of area sales as well as promotional budget goals by implementing customer business plans. Management may assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. The use of discretion, confidentiality and independent judgement is critical in all aspects to the work performed within this position.
Pay: $65k-$75k base pay + commission
Reside in: California
Employment Type: Full-Time, Exempt Salaried, plus Commission
• High School Diploma or equivalent.
• Some college or expanded leadership training (desired).
• 1-2 years sales experience.
• Demonstrate mastery and be able to provide sales business plan.
• Demonstrate leadership aptitude.
• Strong organization skills.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills.
• Must be proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
• Strong verbal and written communication, analytical, organizational and customer service skills.
• Ability to work well under pressure while still maintaining a positive attitude.
• Ability to balance multiple priorities and multitask.
• Be a team player that can motivate and manage various individuals to work together to achieve the same goal.
• Excellent customer service skills
• Polite and respectful.
• Professional appearance and demeanor.
• Expected to be punctual and regular in attendance
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS & RESPONSIBILTIES:
• Manage retail sales and promotional programs with all customers based in assigned territory. • Increase distribution of PGI items and increase shelf space at pet retail accounts in assigned territory.
• Drive secondary displays and price at all assigned accounts in assigned territory.
• Merchandise PGI products and place proper POS where availability allows in assigned territory.
• Conduct regular and consistent sales/service/training calls on assigned retail accounts in support of organization or affiliate brands sales and distributor selling programs in assigned territory.
• Continued product education and training of retail staff at all accounts in assigned territory.
• Placement of new and legacy brands at all identified retail accounts within assigned territory.
• Prospect for new accounts in which the Pets Global Family of Brands would be a good fit.
• Reporting in-depth sales and service activities to organization as required or assigned.
• Attending open houses, seminars and meetings as assigned by organization.
• Weekend/Evening work time may be required for events, meetings, etc.
• Public Speaking: will competently deliver public presentations detailing product information and other important sales information to all assigned accounts.
• Resolves customer complaints by investigating problems; developing solutions; preparing reports; making recommendations to management.
• Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
• Strong knowledge of and ability to learn about Pets Global, Inc.’s products and philosophy.
• Ability to work autonomously and be able to present results when requested.
• Responsible for achieving sales goals and staying within assigned promotional spend budget.
• Performs other related duties as assigned by management.
• Must always maintain ethical sales behavior towards customers and store personnel.
• Directly supervises 1-5 employees within assigned accounts.
• Indirectly supervises 1-15 employees within assigned accounts.
• Must have the ability to manage direct reports that include Personnel Managers and Sales Personnel.
• Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws.
• Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
• Cost Consciousness–Works within approved budget; Develops and implements cost saving measures;
Contributes to profits and revenue; Conserves organizational resources.
• Strategic Thinking–Develops strategies to achieve organizational goals; Understands organization’s strengths& weaknesses; Analyzes market and competition; Identifies external threats and opportunities; Adaptsstrategy to changing conditions.
• Professionalism–Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respectand consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Followsthrough on commitments.
• Managing People–Includes staffing planning, decision-making, facilitating and process improvement; Takes responsibility for subordinates’ activities; Makes themselves available to staff; Provides regular performance feedback; Develops subordinates’ skills and encourages growth; Solicits and applies customer feedback (internal and external); Fosters quality focus in others; Improves processes, products and services; Continually works to improve supervisory skills.
• Business Acumen–Understands business implications of decisions; Displays orientation to profitability; Demonstrates knowledge of market and competition; Aligns work with strategic goals.
• Customer Service–Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; Responds promptly to customer needs; Solicits customer feedback to improve service; Responds to requests for service and assistance; Meets commitments.
• Responsible for covering cost of travel and entertainment for job responsibilities and expenses. Minimum $5000 credit line availability is required to meet potential work-related expenses and will be reimbursed twice monthly.
• Vehicle in good operating condition is required.
• Current, valid driver’s license and current insurance coverage with a minimum liability limit of 100,000.00/300,000.00 is required.
• Work will be performed largely in the field (stores, conferences, expos, etc.) not at home base, with travel being at least 60%.
• The employee is required to travel frequently by car, plane, or other means.
• Hours of work will be mainly during regular customer business hours.
• Variation in work hours due to employee and customer schedules, special projects, deadlines, and other situations will exist and must be planned for accordingly.
• Builds and maintains effective, positive relationships with the customers, clients and staff.
• Creates a supportive work environment.
• Models relationship-building skills (including Listen First) in all interactions.
• Responds and/or resolves customer and client inquiries and/or concerns in a timely manner.
• Understands and executes their role in fulfilling our promise as a pet health company.
SAFETY & RISK MANAGEMENT:
• Adhere to all safety policies, rules and standard operating procedures established by Pets Global, Inc.
• Inspect, correct and maintain your workstation/environment to ensure it is free from hazards or unsafe conditions.
• The employee is responsible for reporting all injuries and accidents, no matter how minor, to your supervisor or the HR Department.
• Immediately report all observed unsafe acts and conditions to your supervisor or the HR Department.
Always report to work in an acceptable condition, not under the influence of any substance that could inhibit your ability to work safely or efficiently.
• Sufficient strength, agility, and mobility to perform essential functions of the position.
• While performing the duties of this job the employee is required to use a computer for extended periods of time and be able to communicate using a computer and phone/smart device.
• The employee frequently is required to sit and reach and must be able to move around the work environment.
• The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 30 pounds.
• Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust.
• The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The statements in this job description are intended to describe the general nature and level of work required for the position and are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, skills or performance expectations of your supervisor. Supervisor’s reserve the right to modify, assign, direct and control the work of employees under their supervision.